Munro/Thompson is a strategic communications and creative firm specializing in public relations and digital media production.
We bring together a diverse team of strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers to support First Nations, local governments and not-for-profit societies throughout BC. The projects we take on lead to tangible, real-world results that improve the lives of individuals and communities.
Summary of Role
The Senior Account Manager will lead strategic communications and public relations initiatives for Munro/Thompson and its clients.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded communications and public relations professional with strategic planning, media relations, professional writing, content development and crisis communications experience. Experience in digital media production, digital marketing and creative design is an asset, as the successful candidate would be working alongside these teams on collaborative projects.
What does the job entail?
- Research, develop and implement strategic communications and PR plans and strategies.
- Own, build and strengthen client relationships, managing day-to-day activity and providing strategic client counsel.
- Conduct media relations campaigns and plan press conferences, including press release and pitch writing, optimizing news hijacking opportunities, event planning, and maintaining strong media relationships.
- Create compelling content that tells our client’s stories, including website copy, social media posts (across varying platforms), op-eds, key messages and presentations.
- Create and manage crisis communication strategies to minimize impact on clients during crises.
- Oversee campaign tracking, reporting and monitoring, providing ongoing strategic analysis of results.
- Review and advise on digital communication strategies and materials such as social, websites, videos and graphic design.
- Project manage all responsible accounts, meeting all deadlines and keeping projects on budget. Identify gaps and manage resourcing required for client accounts.
- Train and manage junior staff in order to ensure tasks are completed efficiently, with high quality and on time.
- Proactively identify new opportunities or strategies to better serve clients and/or the company.
- Assist in business development of Munro/Thompson by writing proposals, and seek out new business opportunities for the company.
- Consult partners on strategic decisions and issues management.
- Support partners with additional tasks as needed.
What are we looking for from you?
- Post-secondary degree in communications, public relations, professional writing, marketing or similar field.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience at an agency or in-house in public relations or communications role.
- Must have experience in developing and successfully executing strategic communications plans and budgets.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Creative Cloud, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Trello, Slack and similar project management tools.
- Excellent knowledge of BC and Canadian media landscape and proven track record of securing coverage.
- Excellent writing, editing and strong verbal communications skills and ability to weave current events, policy news, trends and data into insightful content for target audiences.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with social media and understanding of the online digital landscape.
- Experience working with Indigenous communities and local governments is considered an asset.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and adapt/interpret the operations and communications needs of various audiences.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have strong time management skills to deliver on deadline with complete accuracy.
- Ability to build relationships and be a strong team player.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and action when it comes to work activities
- Love working in a fast-paced environment, be a quick learner and have a thirst for continuous learning.
- Purpose-driven and committed to positive social impact.
- Accountable, proactive and demonstrates follow-through.
- Three days per week in the office with the option to work remotely two days per week.
- Occasional travel within British Columbia.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
Salary/compensation: commensurate with experience.
Start date: ASAP
Close date: under the position is filled.
We value equity and diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, or disability will be considered.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.