Munro/Thompson is a strategic communications and creative firm specializing in public relations and digital media production.
We bring together a diverse team of strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers to support First Nations, local governments and not-for-profit societies throughout BC. The projects we take on lead to tangible, real-world results that improve the lives of individuals and communities.
Summary of Role
This internship is primarily an entry-level administrative role that supports the Munro/Thompson team execute and monitor communications activities for their clients throughout the province. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with strong communications abilities, excellent organizational skills, and a willingness to learn.
Throughout this internship, the successful candidate will experience what it’s like to work in a fast-paced agency environment helping to produce and deliver award-winning strategic communications and digital media campaigns.
- Curate relevant industry media coverage and circulate to clients and staff.
- Arrange, and schedule and attend meetings internally and externally for clients.
- Take meeting minutes and actions.
- Draft briefing notes and meeting agendas.
- Conduct research to help develop strategies for various campaigns.
- Contact stakeholders and update stakeholder lists.
- Draft social media content and first-drafts of longer form written content.
- Support media relations activities, including media list development, drafting media advisories and news releases, media pitching and coverage reporting.
- Provide measurement and analysis of strategic campaigns.
- Provide film production support, including building and maintaining the production schedule, supporting rentals and gear transport, being on location to support the team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Proficient with social media platforms and tools (at minimum Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram)
- Experience with MailChimp and Meltwater considered an asset
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the provincial and national media landscape
- Strong writing, listening and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is an asset, but not a requirement
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, public relations, professional writing, marketing or similar field is an asset
- Valid Canadian driver’s license
- In-office with occasional opportunities to work remote.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
Start date: April 1, 2022
Term: 4 months
We value equity and diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, or disability will be considered.
Applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.